The right auto insurance policy will help protect you financially in an accident or if your vehicle is damaged. Choosing the right auto insurance can be overwhelming but we are here to help! Reach out to our agency today to learn more about auto insurance and find the policy that’s right for you.
What Do Auto Insurance Policies Cover?
Depending on the policy you choose, your coverages will vary. Here are some of the most popular coverages:
- Collision insurance— This portion can help cover damage costs if you are involved in a collision.
- Liability insurance—If you are at fault in a wreck, this type of coverage helps insure you against any damage you cause others. Most states, including Ohio, require drivers to carry minimum amounts of liability insurance. Liability insurance includes two types of coverage:
- Property damage liability—This coverage helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability—This coverage helps pay for medical bills and sometimes death benefits for the other person involved in the wreck.
- Medical payments (MedPay) insurance— This portion of your policy helps you pay for the medical bills of you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This type of coverage helps you cover the cost of damages caused by someone who doesn’t have adequate auto insurance, specifically liability coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance—This portion of your policy covers damages that are not related to a wreck, such as theft, weather damage or vandalism.
However, there may be additional coverages that will be necessary depending on your situation. Be sure to ask us how we can tailor your auto coverage to your needs.
Protect Yourself With the Right Coverage
We will help you find a policy that will fit your needs. Reach out to us today to start the conversation or to get a free quote.