13700 State Road
Suite 8North Royalton, OH 44133

Insurance professionals that have your back


We are happy to assist you in selecting the best coverage.

Get a Quote


We offer free quotes and dedicated personal service.

Get a Quote


We get you the right coverage for the right price.

Get a Quote
Home » Construction Insurance

Construction Insurance

Construction insurance can help mitigate risks that professionals in the construction industry encounter daily on the job. If you are a carpenter, homebuilding, remodeler, plumber, electrician or another contractor in the construction industry, insurance can be essential. It can provide coverage for several exposures and offer financial assistance if covered causes of loss occur. This can help reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.

Types of Construction Insurance

The coverages construction businesses choose vary, and several types are typically available, including, but not limited to:

  • Commercial property insurance— repair or replacement costs if your business’s property is damaged or destroyed by covered perils, such as fires or storms, or if it is stolen.
  • Contractor’s tools and equipment insurance—This may provide coverage if your movable tools or equipment are damaged or lost due to a covered event.
  • Business interruption insurance— lost income if a covered peril forces you to shut down your operations temporarily.
  • Liability insurance—If your business is held legally responsible for the injuries or property damage to others, liability insurance may compensate them for their losses. It may also cover the associated legal costs (e.g., court fees, settlements and judgments). Several types of liability insurance may be available, including:
    • Commercial general liability insurance
    • Products liability insurance
    • Pollution liability insurance
    • Cyber liability insurance
    • Completed operations liability insurance
    • Professional liability insurance
  • Builder’s risk insurance— coverage during a construction project. It may apply to the building under construction and property at the job site or temporarily stored off-site.
  • Commercial auto insurance— coverage for business-owned vehicles if damaged or in an accident. Hired and non-owned auto insurance (HNOA) may also provide liability coverage for vehicles your business does not own but utilizes for work purposes.
  • Umbrella insurance—This may provide an additional layer of coverage if a liability claim exceeds the limits of your other liability policies.
  • Workers’ compensation—This may provide wage replacement or payments for medical expenses if an employee suffers a work-related injury or illness.

Additionally, other policies and endorsements may be available. Speak with our agency to discuss options, limits and exclusions.

Contact Us

Our agency is ready to help you secure a insurance policy that your business needs. Contact The Perkins Insurance Agency Inc today to get started or for more information!